This year is quickly drawing to a close. Whether in the Northern Hemisphere celebrating the Winter Solstice or in the Southern Hemisphere celebrating Summer Solstice this is a time for looking back on all that we have accomplished during the past year, and looking forward to what we want to accomplish in the coming year.
For many of us, it’s a time to start thinking about what New Year’s resolutions we want to set for ourselves.
There are a number of ways to set our New Year’s Resolutions, but my favourite is a bit of Narrative Magic. It’s quick and easy to complete, but powerful! It’s a bit like creating a verbal vision board.
All you need for your New Year’s Narrative Magic is a pen, a sheet of paper, and an envelope. You might also want to include a Christmas/Holiday/New Year’s Card, but that is up to you!
Instructions for some New Year’s Narrative Magic:
- Set one or two goals that you would like to accomplish next year. For me, I identified one personal and one business goal. For you it could be one personal and one relationship goal, or one career and one travel goal, or one business and one health goal. Or it could be one goal focused on overall well-being, etc.
- Identify why your want to achieve these specific goals. These ‘why’s’ need to be meaningful to you, have a lot of emotion and heart behind them.
- Write yourself a letter. Date it December 25, 2022. In this letter congratulate yourself for not only achieving the goal or goals you set for yourself but in having exceeded them in ways that surprise and delight you. Write about the ways that achieving these goals has changed your life, and about how wonderful your life is now that you’ve made these changes and achieved these goals, and about how happy you are. Write about how these goals have interacted with each other to create something unexpectedly awesome in your life, something that is so much better than you’d thought it would be.. The more emotion, the more sense-related details you can provide (sights, sounds, smells, touches, tastes), the more powerful the pull will be for you to successfully accomplish these goals.
- When you have finished writing your letter, seal it in the envelope. Address the envelope to you with the date of December 25, 2022 clearly visible on the envelope.
- Place the envelope somewhere that you’ll be able to see it several times a day, on your dresser, on your alter (if you have one), in a frame that you hang on your wall. This sealed envelope will act as a gentle reminder throughout the year, of the goals/resolutions/intentions that you set for yourself.
- On December 25, 2022, open the letter. Did you accomplish what you had set out to accomplish over the year? How would you change or expand the goal you had set for yourself?
If you have liked what you read or saw here, you can receive more of this kind of information by subscribing to The Wisdom + Magic Newsletter.
Every Tuesday, you will receive a Pep Talk to help motivate you for the week, plus inspiration, information, tips, tricks, techniques, and discounts, that will help you create the lifestyle you crave!
Plus, as a special Thank You! for subscribing, you will receive a copy of my pdf e-book, “Questions You Can Ask Yourself That Will Help You Gain Clarity In Your Life or Your Business”